Discussion: Jack Wild InterviewReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time
JackFan33
JackFan33
Jack Wild Interview
Jun 27 2010, 12:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oggi3GUfM20 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 28 2010, 4:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2010, 4:24 AM EDT
I LOVE this interview. Jack looks so sleepy and sweet. What does Simon Dee ask at 1:42? "You gonna buy your mum...?" I can't understand what he says after that. And I love the face Jack makes at 4:25.
~missmoss~
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 28 2010, 5:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2010, 5:32 AM EDT
It was quite an ironic interview in retrospect. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 28 2010, 6:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2010, 6:23 AM EDT
"You gonna buy your mum a house, are you then? Yeah. Where you gonna put them? Ummm....somewhere around Hounslow..in the district." 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 28 2010, 6:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2010, 6:41 AM EDT
The milkman routine is priceless. Jack was a natural comedian. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 30 2010, 12:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2010, 12:03 PM EDT
""You gonna buy your mum a house, are you then? Yeah. Where you gonna put them? Ummm....somewhere around Hounslow..in the district.""
I loved this interview Jack was so so cute I love the way he talks
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ruapluto
ruapluto
6. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jan 12 2011, 1:00 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2011, 1:00 PM EST
"I loved this interview Jack was so so cute I love the way he talks"
he had an amazing voice and accent
sunset1
sunset1
7. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jan 19 2011, 8:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2011, 8:53 PM EST
That interview is priceless. Wouldn't be nice if you could buy a DVD with all Jack's interviews and other video bits and pieces, like reunions and so on. I wish someone would collect all that and make a tribute DVD.
Any news on the book?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

judithjackwild
8. RE: Jack Wild Interview
May 17 2011, 2:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2011, 2:09 AM EDT
Jack bought his mother a five bedroom house in the same area of west hounslow. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Wild_is_the_wind
Wild_is_the_wind
9. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 12 2011, 10:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2011, 10:06 AM EDT
Oh, yes I love that interview too. I never get tired of watching it. He's lovely there, and his voice sounds so sweet. I love when he says "I see" looking at the audience when Simon Dee tells him he's got a great number of fans there, for their reaction when he's called and welcomed to the show.I really love when he looks to the audience with that impish smile. And the milkman bit is superb. It's one the best parts. He's so funny at some moments. I didn't know Simon, but I think he's quite kind here. I like him, just the opposite of what I feel about Wogan, who gives bad vibes or something.
Don't you love the part when Jack tries to say "show businnes", and he can't , 'cause he's getting tongue-tied, and he goes with that "Shhh...", even doing a kind of whistle. Then he says that, and a quick "thank you", and afterwards he drinks some water. It's one of my favorite moments. I love his face when Simon is telling him that ,surprisingly, the guys who played the Dodger in the past had found more succes than the kids in the role of Oliver, and he starts to mention his names. I don't know, but Jack looks so mature while he's listening to him.
I don't get some parts yet. Does anyone know which is the song he performed in his audition for "Oliver!"? I don't get the title.
There's something I don't understand: Dee asks if he made any goofs, and Jacks says he actually did so , but that they had used it. Then he talks about the troubles of speaking cockney they had with the American crew. He says that thing about the word "mate", and that the expression where he mentions it couldn't been understood properly by the Americans, with its real meaning in cockney. Why is it considered a goof ? And "mate" was already in the lyrics of "Consider Yourself", right?
Wild_is_the_wind
Wild_is_the_wind
10. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 12 2011, 10:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
I guess he's talking about that part before performing "Consider yourself", when he asks Oliver if he's running from the beak, and he can't believe the boy doesn't know what he's meaning. I don't know exactly the words but he ask him not to say he doesn't know what is a beak, and he calls him "mate" after saying one word I don't get. I can't remember now, Hell! :(
One more thing. Can you help me to get Jack's words better in that part of the interview? I can't hardly understand him here. He says something like "Well, there are problems speaking cockney with Americans, you know. When I say "mate" I mean (I don't get it), and they don't understand what a "mate" is. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since I saw the interview and I still have problems with my speakers. I'm bad reading lips, although I love to watch Jack's ones hehe
Wild_is_the_wind
Wild_is_the_wind
11. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 13 2011, 10:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
The moment I find him so mature is at 1:57 It's because of that thing he does with his cheeks and the way he's looking at Simon :D 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

judithjackwild
12. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jun 13 2011, 7:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
"It was quite an ironic interview in retrospect."
Why?
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ruapluto
ruapluto
13. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jul 4 2011, 8:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 4 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
"
I don't get some parts yet. Does anyone know which is the song he performed in his audition for "Oliver!"? I don't get the title.
There's something I don't understand: Dee asks if he made any goofs, and Jacks says he actually did so , but that they had used it. Then he talks about the troubles of speaking cockney they had with the American crew. He says that thing about the word "mate", and that the expression where he mentions it couldn't been understood properly by the Americans, with its real meaning in cockney. Why is it considered a goof ? And "mate" was already in the lyrics of "Consider Yourself", right? "
Yeah, the "mate" thing confused me too. i think the song was "friends and neighbors" i dunno, something like that.
Do you find this valuable?    
Wild_is_the_wind
Wild_is_the_wind
14. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Jul 8 2011, 11:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Oh, thank you :D I didn't know that song. I'd never heard it, but I found the lyrics of one with that title that seems to match with that little part Dee sang.
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/f/friendsandneighbours.shtml
I've found a video in youtube with this song performed by Billy Cotton and his band, but I'm not sure if this is the one mentionded in the interview.
I was feeling weird thinking I was the only one confused with the "mate" bit hehehe ;)
Do you find this valuable?    

JamesHenderson
15. RE: Jack Wild Interview
Aug 2 2011, 2:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 2 2011, 2:26 AM EDT
"Why?"
Probably because the interviewer asked him if he was worried about having problems.